What if you could access all your Xbox game pass favorites on several different devices without downloading the files every time? Thanks to Microsoft’s Xbox cloud gaming, this is now a reality!
With the help of Xbox cloud gaming, Fortnite and several other games can be streamed on your devices via the cloud without downloading them separately. In simple terms, with the help of Xbox cloud gaming, you can play your favorite games almost anywhere on any device as long as you have a reliable and strong internet connection. Cloud gaming saves storage space as well. Most Apple and android devices support Xbox cloud gaming, making it a universal platform.
Xbox cloud gaming -Fortnite and other must-play games!
You can enjoy numerous games on multiple devices via Xbox cloud gaming. A few games that every gamer must play at least once are:
- Dead by daylight
- Destiny 2
- Outer Wilds
- Warmhammer:Vermintide 2
- MLB The Show 21
- Wasteland 3
- Fallout 76
- Tell Me Why
- Minecraft Dungeons
- Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim
- The Outer Worlds
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds(PUB G)
- State of Decay 2
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- A plague tale: Innocence
- Sea of Thieves
- Hellblade: Senua’s sacrifice
- Forza Horizon 4
With Xbox cloud gaming Fortnite and several other games like the few mentioned above will be easily accessible to you via the cloud on multiple devices. You must purchase an unlimited Xbox Game pass membership to try out all the new limited beta versions of cloud gaming!
How to fix Xbox cloud gaming lag?
Xbox cloud gaming is both impressive and groundbreaking. However, complaints about Xbox cloud gaming lags have spiraled around the internet since its release. These lags are very frustrating and can ruin the gaming experience altogether.
While there’s, unfortunately, no known way to get rid of these infuriating lags permanently, we can reduce their occurrences to a certain extent by:
- Selecting the correct server: You can reduce lag by looking for servers closer to your location—the closer the server’s location, the lower the ping.
- Closing unnecessary programs: Closing unnecessary programs that you aren’t using currently can help your pc run more smoothly and helps to avoid any latent issues.
- Using a wired connection: A wired connection ensures that your computer runs as effectively as possible, making it as fast and reliable as possible. This reduces the risks of facing lag subsequently.
- Changing your graphic settings: You can also try reducing lag chances by adjusting your graphic settings to the lowest possible environment.
Does Xbox cloud gaming lag?
Gamers are prone to face some issues related to lagging now and then. This problem has been annoying gamers ever since video games came into existence. But why does Xbox cloud gaming lag so much? Usually, a weak internet connection is the main culprit behind laggy gameplay.
Using a mobile hotspot as a network connection for cloud gaming can increase lag and produce sync audio the problem is that mobile internet has a limited range, speed, and performance. Lances of lag increase if several other sources on the same network are using it to stream videos or play multiplayer games.
If you’re not making use of the latest tech, you may experience lag during gameplay.
Even if you have a 5G connection, other factors like old hardware, incompatible hardware, outdated monitors, and a slow CPU can cause latency issues. Insufficient power in your Graphic card, RAM, or Video memory can cause lag too.
Texture-related settings can also lead to lags. Your system may be unable to cope with its high settings, resulting in stuttering and hitching. Your Wifi’s bandwidth and ping can also make Xbox cloud gaming laggy. Higher bandwidths and lower pings lead to lesser chances of lag.
Data requirements of Xbox cloud gaming
Before jumping into data-related statistics, let us understand the factors that affect the amount of data consumption while cloud gaming. The factors affecting the amount of data consumption while cloud gaming is:
- The type of game
- Graphics of the game
- Number of players on the server
- Time of playing
Anyone with a bachelor of game design degree can tell you that a graphic-intensive game that requires a lot of people to play (multiplayer) may consume more data. The time of playing the game can also affect the data requirements. Many people flood the servers at peak hours, leading to a higher data requirement.
Cloud gaming is a boon for gamers, but what are the data requirements of Xbox cloud gaming? This depends on your game and the time you spend playing it. Most people run around 590MB per hour of gameplay, which means they will probably go through less than one GB per day while playing their favorite games. If this increases, it might be more than just a minor issue but will not affect your connection speed too much. According to certain studies, a minimum of 100MB is used per hour while cloud gaming.
Xbox cloud gaming on MAC
Apple’s MacBooks are suitable for everything but gaming. The only time it’s ok for gaming is when you’re playing browser-based games like Fortnite or PUBG. Even if you can find one with decent graphics to play the latest 3D games, you won’t be able to find any of them on a MAC.Microsoft has become the lord and savior of all gamers with a MacBook by launching Xbox cloud gaming on MAC.
With the help of Xbox cloud gaming, MacBook users can now download various 3D games from the cloud and play them on their MAC without downloading 40GBs worth of data. Get yourself a Bluetooth-enabled Xbox controller, and you’ll be able to turn your MacBook into a PlayStation in no time.
Is my MacBook compatible with Xbox cloud gaming?
Your MacBook must meet specific requirements to connect to Xbox cloud gaming. Some of them are:
- Your MacBook must be running on IOS 14+
- You must have safari installed
- You must own a compatible Xbox controller
- You must have an internet speed of 10Mbps with 5GHz
How to use Xbox cloud gaming on MAC
You can set up Xbox cloud gaming on your MAC by:
- Pressing The Xbox button to switch on your controller
- Pressing and holding the connect button on it to pair it with your MAC
- Open System Preferences on your MacBook
- Glide through the preferences panel and select Bluetooth
- Locate your Xbox controller and select it from the list
Now that your controller is paired with your MacBook, you can get on to Xbox cloud gaming by following these steps:
- Open Safari
- Enter the link: com/en-US/play
- Log into Xbox cloud with your Microsoft account
- Purchase the Xbox ultimate game pass
- Choose a game on the list of available games and go wild playing it.
Apple users were left out of all the cloud gaming craze until Microsoft launched Xbox cloud gaming services for ios users too. It’s currently in the beta stage and only has a few games available for streaming on MacBook.Nevertheless, the available games are masterpieces and consist of a few favorites like DayZ, Sims 4, Halo, etc. So what are you waiting for? Use your Xbox cloud gaming services to carry your favorite games wherever you want!
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 introduces Alejandro Vargas
- A Breakdown of the SBMM Warzone in Call of Duty
Is Fortnite available on Xbox cloud gaming?
Wondering if you can play Fortnite on your mobile? Fortnite has been ruling the world of multiplayer games since 2017. Unfortunately, you can only play it only on Pcs since it is neither on Google play nor on the Apple Store. This was true until Microsoft released Xbox cloud gaming to enable players to experience exceptional gameplay across all devices! Here’s how
You can access Fortnite on Xbox cloud gaming:
- Link all your accounts: First, you need to sync your account epic games with Microsoft via visiting its login page. Then sign in to your Xbox while choosing the sign-in option in Xbox live. Now enter the Microsoft account credentials which are linked with your Fortnite Gamertag.
- Visit Xbox’s cloud gaming website: Login to Xbox’s cloud gaming site by launching a chrome or safari browser on your phone. Then you will find a nil DP (Display Picture) at the top of the right corner. Just tap it and sign into Microsoft.
- Find Fortnite: Normally, you see that Fortnite is appearing on the homepage screen of the Xbox website, if you won’t find out there, you can search for it. Once found it, click on it and break yourself into a thrilling gameplay
If your Xbox account is linked to the same Epic Games account you use on other devices; then all your progress will transfer over from other platforms. All Fortnite game modes are available via Xbox cloud gaming on windows devices. However, on smartphones and tablets, every game mode other than “Save the world” is available for gaming.
Also Read: Xbox Controller Not Working On PC